The accommodation consists of 15 chalets and villa’s that offer space to 2, 4 or 6 persons. All beautifully situated in the bush or the parklike landscape.
- 2, 4 and 6 sleepers (chalets and villa’s) with the possibility to add an extra bed for children up to 2 years old
- Each bedroom has its own bathroom and separate toilet
- Each accommodation has a complete (outdoor) kitchen with refrigerator, tea/coffee facilities
- Free Wi-Fi; mobile phone can only be used at the reception
Accommodation is positioned in the pristine bushveld so privacy and relaxation are guaranteed. The various room types and accommodation rates can be viewed in the accommodation menu.
- Rates are per night per person on a dinner/bed/breakfast basis. (Alcoholic) drinks are not included
- Our accommodation can also be booked on a Full Board basis. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for the options and rates.
- Per person per night rate is the same for each type of accommodation (apart from Villa Kings). A minimum occupancy per accommodation applies
- The accommodation rate includes 1 activity, including the Welgevonden 3-hour Big Five Game Drive. You can book extra game drives at the lodge, depending on availability, for R 525 per person (3 hours, min. 2 people)
- Rates include free use of bikes, tracks and swimming pool
- Other activities, also for children, are available and can be booked at the reception at additional costs.
All meals are served in the restaurant. If you wish, you can order lunch separately with your reservation. You can order coffee, tea and drinks at any time you like. We also have a pool bar should you wish to enjoy a drink at the swimming pool. On request we can fill your fridge with drinks from the restaurant. Supplying of your own alcohol is not permitted.
- Dietary requirements: please let us know if you have special (vegetarian) wishes or if you have any allergies. We will then be able to serve you the right food timely.
Supermarket and other shops
There is no supermarket or shop on Kololo, the nearest supermarket is in Vaalwater +/- 45 min. drive on dirt road (35km).
You can make free use of the swimming pool, beds, umbrella’s and towels. There is a shower and dressing facility in the pool area. You can order drinks and snacks at the pool bar.
On arrival you will find the reception at 1 km from Kololo’s front gate at the Bakkerspas Road. At the reception mountain bikes can be fetched and returned. There is also a curio and small snacks shop. Around the reception area you have reach for your mobile phone.
One of the 2 sleeper chalets is wheelchair accessible. The chalet is centrally located next to the restaurant and swimming pool, both accessible via illuminated, concrete paths. A wide entrance, no thresholds, a large shower, separate toilet, the kitchen surfaces is build in such a way to accommodate the height of a wheel chair and there is plenty of room to move in the chalet. The game drives on Kololo are carried out with a game drive vehicle accompanied by an experienced ranger. A special ramp makes it easy to board the vehicle from the wheelchair.
The accommodation rate includes 1 activity (1 activity included per overnight stay), including the Welgevonden 3-hour Big Five Game Drive. You can choose from the following activities:
- Welgevonden game drive 3 hours
- Welgevonden night drive 3 hours (Seasonal availability)
- Kololo game drive, 1,5 hours
- Kololo walk, 1,5 hours
- Starry night drive (Seasonal availability)
Additional game drives can be booked at reception at additional costs.